Request Washington State Titles From Experienced Individuals

Washington State Titles

Replacing a lost or stolen title?

Complete an Affidavit of Loss form. All registered owners must sign the form, and the signatures must be notarized.
If you're still making payments on the vehicle or boat, the bank (or other lien holder listed on the title) must apply for the duplicate title.

Transferring a WA State title: What will I need?

  • Unexpired WADL
  • The title properly released by all registered and legal owners
  • If the title is lost, an Affidavit of Loss/Release of Interest must be completed by the title holders
  • Bill of Sale/Gift Statement
  • Odometer statement on vehicles less than 10 years old
  • Certain cases may require additional documentation

Please Note: Washington titled vehicles must be registered within 15 days after purchase date to avoid penalty fees. A $50 penalty is charged on the 16th day with an additional $2 charge each day thereafter until a maximum amount of $125 penalty is reached. After 45 days of not transferring, it’s considered a misdemeanor.


If you are buying a vehicle from a friend, family member, or private party, or you received it as a gift, you must transfer ownership of the vehicle into your name within 15 days or penalty fees will be accessed.